Another former resident of the Hanna Boys Center is suing the Catholic organization that houses troubled boys, claiming the organization failed to protect him from being sexually abused by a female counselor, the third civil lawsuit stemming from alleged sexual misconduct filed this year against the 72-year-old community institution.
A pattern of lax supervision created the opportunity for the sexual abuse to take place, according to the lawsuit filed Tuesday in Sonoma County Superior Court by the former resident, who is now 18. Supervision was “virtually nonexistent” and the center failed to protect boys seeking treatment after already enduring abuse and neglect, according to his lawyer, Micha Liberty of Oakland.
“They exposed him to a sexual predator,” Liberty said. “They took an already challenged and troubled young man and allowed conduct to occur that has devastated him, which will
Jay Wu, 46, pleaded guilty to attempt to commit unlawful sexual conduct on June 30 in Maricopa County Superior Court.
Wu had originally been charged with kidnapping, sexual abuse, unlawful sexual conduct of a peace officer, assault, and tampering with physical evidence.
According to police, Wu had a 43-year-old woman in his patrol car as part of a criminal investigation in May 2016.
The woman told police that Wu offered to drive her back to her Scottsdale home but instead drove past it and parked next to a residential wall in the neighborhood so she wouldn’t be able to open the car door.
A former Chicago Public Schools student who claims he was sexually assaulted for years by a school employee filed a lawsuit this week against the Board of Education. (Chicago Tonight)
A former Chicago Public Schools student who says he was sexually abused for years by the head of a district mentoring program has filed suit against the Board of Education, claiming it allowed a sexual predator to roam the halls of a Chicago elementary school.
The student – identified only as John Doe – and his attorney announced the suit this week, claiming Doe was at least the 20th victim of Marvin Lovett, who the board hired despite having allegedly received warnings that Lovett had been acting inappropriately toward male students.
“The school district should not put our children in charge of protecting themselves,” Doe’s attorney Lyndsay Markley told media Wednesday. “There were a number of incidents and information that,
A man allegedly murdered his former neighbor on Friday by chopping him up with an ax-like tool known as a splitting maul. Mitchell Edward Hoogenakker, 24, has been arrested for the death of 67-year-old John Gallagher. The murder marks the first homicide in Hopkins, Minnesota since 2009.
The wife of the victim said her husband was dragged out of the house by Hoogenakker, according to a CBS affiliate. Gallagher had reportedly filed a harassment restraining order against his alleged murderer last month.
“The neighbor used a tool (an ax) to forcibly chop through the door, confronted our victim, dragged him out of the house and subsequently our victim died of sharp force injuries in the front yard,” said Hopkins Police Sgt. Mike Glassberg.
A witness, who was renting from Gallagher, said he he could hear the sounds of the “impact” of a weapon on a body, according to an ABC affiliate.