Tag Archives: after

Convicted rapist granted bail after allegedly raping another woman

A convicted rapist has been granted bail after allegedly raping another woman that he approached on a busy, public street.

The Geelong man who was previously jailed for targeting a disabled woman is now protected by a court order suppressing where he now lives in the community.

Victims of Crime Commissioner Greg Davies described it as “an extraordinary set of circumstances”.

The man is aged in his sixties, and is living in Geelong on bail while his case proceeds in court.

9NEWS has been prevented from naming or identifying the man because the court imposed a suppression order protecting his identity, his job and where he lives in the community.

The man cannot be identified for legal reasons. (9NEWS)
He now lives a few hundred metres from a primary school. (9NEWS)

The order also suppresses the victim’s identity, even though the identification of victims of sexual assault is automatically prohibited by law in Victoria.

The suppression

Read more at: http://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/10/18/18/07/convicted-rapist-granted-bail-after-allegedly-raping-another-woman

Outrage after plea deal for accused Great Falls rapist

(GREAT FALLS) The plea agreement between Bradley Goodell and the state Attorney General’s office is drawing strong criticism.

Goodell pleaded no contest to one count of sexual intercourse without consent, and guilty to one count of criminal endangerment, on Monday.

Goodell had initially been charged with four counts of sexual intercourse without consent.

The Cascade County Attorney referred the case to the state Attorney General’s office early on in the investigation due to a possible conflict of interest. 

The state is recommending that Goodell be sentenced to 10 years, with all time suspended.  

Public response on the KRTV Facebook page has been overwhelmingly critical of the plea deal, saying sexual assaults need to be taken seriously. 

Others have questioned the reasoning behind the suspended sentence and the decision to go with criminal endangerment instead of a sex crime.

Nichole Griffith, director of Victim-Witness Assistance Services in Great Falls, said, “I think it’s really disheartening to

Read more at: http://www.krtv.com/story/36620863/outrage-after-plea-deal-for-accused-great-falls-rapist

Outrage after plea deal for accused Great Falls rapist – KRTV News …

(GREAT FALLS) The plea agreement between Bradley Goodell and the state Attorney General’s office is drawing strong criticism.

Goodell pleaded no contest to one count of sexual intercourse without consent, and guilty to one count of criminal endangerment, on Monday.

Goodell had initially been charged with four counts of sexual intercourse without consent.

The Cascade County Attorney referred the case to the state Attorney General’s office early on in the investigation due to a possible conflict of interest. 

The state is recommending that Goodell be sentenced to 10 years, with all time suspended.  

Public response on the KRTV Facebook page has been overwhelmingly critical of the plea deal, saying sexual assaults need to be taken seriously. 

Others have questioned the reasoning behind the suspended sentence and the decision to go with criminal endangerment instead of a sex crime.

Nichole Griffith, director of Victim-Witness Assistance Services in Great Falls, said, “I think it’s really disheartening to

Read more at: http://www.krtv.com/story/36620863/outrage-after-plea-deal-for-accused-great-falls-rapist

Jeffery Barry found guilty of murdering refugee after calling him rapist and terrorist

A man has been found guilty of murdering a Kurdish refugee after accusing him of being a rapist and terrorist.

Jeffery Barry, a paranoid schizophrenic, had been released from a secure psychiatric unit hours before he stabbed Kamil Ahmad to death in Bristol in July 2016.

The court heard that the sustained knife attack ended with Barry slicing off his victim’s penis.

The 56-year-old admitted killing Mr Ahmad only pleaded guilty to manslaughter by reason of diminished responsibility.

But after a two week trial at Bristol Crown Court, a jury concluded he deliberately targeted his 48-year-old neighbour and was of sound mind at the time of the incident.

The court heard Barry had been discharged from a private mental health hospital the day before he attacked Mr Ahmad, having been sectioned in June.

Psychiatrists had opposed Barry’s release but a mental health tribunal ruled that he should be discharged.

On the day he was freed, he spent

Read more at: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/jeffery-barry-guilty-murder-refugee-kamil-ahmad-rapist-terrorist-bristol-court-latest-pschizophrenic-a8004841.html

Jeffrey Barry found guilty of murdering refugee after calling him rapist and terrorist

A man has been found guilty of murdering a Kurdish refugee after accusing him of being a rapist and terrorist.

Jeffrey Barry, a paranoid schizophrenic, had been released from a secure psychiatric unit hours before he stabbed Kamil Ahmad to death in Bristol in July 2016.

The court heard that the sustained knife attack ended with Barry slicing off his victim’s penis, leaving his mutilated body in a bedroom.

The 56-year-old admitted killing Mr Ahmad, but only pleaded guilty to manslaughter by reason of diminished responsibility.

But after a two-week trial at Bristol Crown Court, a jury concluded he deliberately targeted his 48-year-old neighbour and was of sound mind at the time of the incident.

Ms Justice May told the jury Barry’s mental illness “wasn’t one that was enough to reduce the offence in this case but it exists all the same”, adding: “It is a chronic, enduring mental illness that requires treatment.”

The jury

Read more at: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/jeffery-barry-guilty-murder-refugee-kamil-ahmad-rapist-terrorist-bristol-court-latest-pschizophrenic-a8004841.html

Jeffrey Barry found guilty of murdering refugee after calling him …

A man has been found guilty of murdering a Kurdish refugee after accusing him of being a rapist and terrorist.

Jeffrey Barry, a paranoid schizophrenic, had been released from a secure psychiatric unit hours before he stabbed Kamil Ahmad to death in Bristol in July 2016.

The court heard that the sustained knife attack ended with Barry slicing off his victim’s penis, leaving his mutilated body in a bedroom.

The 56-year-old admitted killing Mr Ahmad, but only pleaded guilty to manslaughter by reason of diminished responsibility.

But after a two-week trial at Bristol Crown Court, a jury concluded he deliberately targeted his 48-year-old neighbour and was of sound mind at the time of the incident.

Ms Justice May told the jury Barry’s mental illness “wasn’t one that was enough to reduce the offence in this case but it exists all the same”, adding: “It is a chronic, enduring mental illness that requires treatment.”

The jury

Read more at: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/jeffery-barry-guilty-murder-refugee-kamil-ahmad-rapist-terrorist-bristol-court-latest-pschizophrenic-a8004841.html

Nolte: After Defending Child Rapist Polanski, George Clooney Lectures Middle America in ‘Suburbicon’

Judging by the trailer and the early (and awful) Suburbicon reviews, George Clooney is once again chomping at the bit to lecture Middle America about just how awful and intolerant we all are. But are we really going to allow ourselves to be scolded by a mediocre director who defends an admitted child rapist like Roman Polanski?

At the time, back in February, the news that Clooney defended Polanski did not get much traction. The fugitive director was out of the spotlight and Clooney’s defense was made to the French tabloid Paris Match.

You see, Clooney was in France for the Cesars where he received an honorary award (probably because nothing he makes deserves an award-award). While accepting it in front of the fawning European press, Clooney naturally used the opportunity to trash President Trump and lecture the world about what is right and wrong.

“As citizens of the world, we’re

Read more at: http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2017/10/17/nolte-defending-child-rapist-polanski-george-clooney-lectures-america-suburbicon/

Violent rapist has new sentence imposed after Court of Appeal decision

A rapist who tried to pervert the course of justice with threatening text messages has had his sentence quashed after his case was heard before the Court of Appeal.

However, he will still spend nearly 10 years behind bars.

In a judgment released today from an August 1 hearing, Justices Mark Cooper, Timothy Brewer and Mary Peters allowed the man’s appeal, quashed his sentence for rape, and imposed a new length of imprisonment.

The man, whose identity is suppressed, was jailed for 10 years and two months after being found guilty of 12 charges for the violent rape of the mother of his child in June 2015.

He was visiting the woman to celebrate their son’s birthday before an argument ensued, the decision reads.

During the scuffle the man picked up a 30cm long stainless steel knife

Read more at: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11933854

Vile double rapist jailed for 15 years after attacking a transgender man and woman

Vile double rapist Shelton Dube has been jailed for 15 years for attacking a transgender man and a drunk teenager in their own homes.

Shelton Dube first targeted a young woman who had been out with friends in Newcastle city centre by latching on to her group.

Described by the defence as a talented sportsman and academically gifted, Dube, encouraged her to drink from a bottle of vodka, took a taxi home with her and then came unannounced into her home.

She woke in her bed to find the defendant raping her in January 2016, Durham Crown Court heard.

Three months later Dube raped Scott Wilson, then 19, at the Tyneside Foyer, in Newcastle, where they both lived.

Transgender rape victim Scott Wilson

Transgender rape victim Scott Wilson
(Image: newcastle chronicle)

The victim, who has waived his right to anonymity, said prior to the rape he had explained

Read more at: http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/vile-double-rapist-jailed-15-13760106

Rapist jailed after victim records attack on phone

Rapist jailed after victim records attack on phone
Sarbast Fatah, 24, approached the woman days before the sexual assault and invited her back to his Gateshead flat for drinks in March this year. (Picture: NCJ Media)

A rapist has been locked-up for seven years after his victim recorded the sickening attack on her mobile phone.

Sarbast Fatah, 24, approached the woman days before the sexual assault and invited her back to his Gateshead flat for drinks in March this year.

Man raffling off £1,300,000 home with 18 acres for £50 a ticket

But when she got there, the 24-year-old pinned her down and twice attacked her, Newcastle Crown Court was told.

Fortunately, the terrified victim had managed to record some of the harrowing ordeal and could be heard on the footage shouting ‘No, I don’t want to’.

Lee

Read more at: http://metro.co.uk/2017/10/13/rapist-jailed-after-victim-records-attack-on-phone-6997271/