Smosh Games member and YouTube personality Amra Ricketts has left the company following allegations of sexual assault.
The decision comes after several alleged victims came forward to share multiple allegations of sexual assault.
A spokesperson for Smosh tells The Blast:
The SMOSH organization was recently made aware of the allegations regarding Amra Ricketts (Flitz). As of today, he is no longer with the company.
Last weekend, an alleged victim, Raquey Strange, posted on social media that Ricketts had sexually assaulted them after coercing them into a group sex act.
Strange began the post by sharing a photo of Ricketts: “This is Amra Ricketts … He works for Smosh Games and has a large YouTube following. Also, he is a sexual predator.”
Strange went on to allege Ricketts “seeks out and preys on vulnerable young women and literally sees himself as a wolf spiritually. He created a cult environment at his house in North Hollywood. Surrounded himself with women
Update (Nov. 21, 1 p.m.): CBS has officially fired Charlie Rose. CBS News President David Rhodes made the announcement to staff in a midday memo, per the Washington Post.
“A short time ago we terminated Charlie Rose’s employment with CBS News, effective immediately,” the statement reads. “This followed the revelation yesterday of extremely disturbing and intolerable behavior said to have revolved around his PBS program. Despite Charlie’s important journalistic contribution to our news division, there is absolutely nothing more important, in this or any organization, than ensuring a safe, professional workplace — a supportive environment where people feel they can do their best work. We need to be such a place.”
Kevin Spacey responded to pedophile allegations from “Star Trek’ actor Anthony Rapp by coming out as gay man.
“I am beyond horrified to hear this story. I honestly do not remember the encounter, it would have been over 30 years ago,” the 58-year-old actor tweeted early Monday morning in response to allegations from Rapp. On Sunday, the 46-year-old actor told BuzzFeed News that the “House of Cards” star made a pass at him when he was 14 years old at a party.
Host Kevin Spacey speaks onstage during the 2017 Tony Awards at Radio City Music Hall on June 11, 2017 in New York City.
Many abusers have remained unnamed, but one has now been identified in a report by the Los Angeles Times.
Academy Award-nominated filmmaker James Toback has been accused of sexual harassment by over 30 women.
Much like Weinstein, Toback would allegedly lure young women to rooms under the pretense of talking business. He would then try to turn the meeting to sexual topics by asking inappropriate questions like “How often do you masturbate?”
Stories about the filmmaker range from his rubbing himself against women — to masturbating in front of them.
“I felt like a prostitute, an utter disappointment to myself, my parents, my friends. And
PWR BTTM has been dropped by their management and is reportedly canceling all upcoming tour dates.
Ben Hopkins, one of two members of Brooklyn-based punk rock outfit PWR BTTM, was accused last week of being a “known sexual predator” who committed multiple sexual assaults, initiated “inappropriate sexual contact” without the consent of all parties, “bullying other queer artists, making unwanted advances on minors despite knowing their age,” and emotionally abusing partners in relationships.
The allegations came from Kitty Cordero-Kolin in a Facebook post, originally published within a private Facebook group, DIY Chicago. The accusation and the warning that came with it — “avoid going to their shows/boycott their music/not allow them in safe spaces” — made the social media rounds on Thursday. Cordero-Kolin asserts
Ben Hopkins, a member of the queer punk duo PWR BTTM, was accused of sexual assault last night in a closed Facebook group. A member of the group alleged that Hopkins is a “known sexual predator, perpetrator of multiple assaults” and recommended that members of the local DIY community not allow PWR BTTM in venues with safe spaces policies.
In addition, the user uploaded a photo of Hopkins posing next to a swastika drawn in the sand that was taken in 2011. Hopkins already addressed the photo on Twitter when it started circulating in December of last year. A Twitter user with the handle @_mcampnh screenshot the allegations and tweeted them out.