- Chief Roger Gilbert Jr. was convicted of sexual intercourse with a four-year-old in 2001
- He was re-elected to a second term as Spartansburg Volunteer Fire Chief
- Spartansburg Mayor Ann Louise Wagner stands by him despite his status as a registered sex offender for his crime in 2000
- The victim’s mother does not believe he should be in a post where he could interact with children
- Gilbert says ‘I’ve changed my life for the better’ since the crime
Marlene Lenthang For Dailymail.com
Police in Norway have filed charges against 51 men suspected of involvement in a massive pedophile ring.
Authorities seized 150 terabytes (150,000 gigabytes) of data, including photos, videos and chat transcripts between members of various paedophile networks.
Known as ‘Dark Room’, the police operation revealed sexual assaults against children as young as babies, according to The Local.
“The material shows the abuse of children of all ages, including infants,” Hilde Reikrås, head of Operation Dark Room, said at a news conference.
“The material shows, among other things, the penetration of toddlers, children being tied up, children having sex with animals and children having sex with other children.”
All of the men arrested live in Norway, but police confirmed they were investigating one individual living abroad. It is considered one of the largest sexual abuse cases ever in the country.
Ms Reikrås said those detained had met each other on the dark net; an ungoverned space online where users can surf with more
Read more at: http://www.northernstar.com.au/news/two-elected-officials-among-50-arrested-pedophile-/3115472/