Tag Archives: first

Accused rapist evades police for a year | PNC News First

Guam – An accused rapist remained on the run for nearly a year, before local authorities were able to locate him.

Two women were sexually assaulted on the same night, by Kino Thomas Keeler. The first victim was alseep in her bedroom in Tumon, when she awoke to Keeler digitally penetrating her. She screamed for him to stop before he exited the room. A short time later Keeler entered the room again the victim once again was asleep and awoke to Keeler raping her. The court complaint states that victim kicked her attacker in the stomach and yelled for him to leave. The same night another woman in the residence also woke up to Keeler sexually assaulting her, indicating that he was rubbing her buttocks. After the incident the second victim entered

Read more at: https://pacificnewscenter.com/accused-rapist-evades-police-for-a-year/

John Worboys: Black cab rapist’s release put on hold after victims won the first step in a legal challenge

The release of black cab rapist John Worboys from prison has been put on hold after victims won the first step in a legal challenge.

Lawyer Harriet Wistrich said an “urgent application” had been made to the High Court on behalf of two of his victims for a stay of his release pending a further permission hearing.

She said: “Update – we have been granted a stay on his release until an oral application between February 6-8.”

The Parole Board provoked fury this month when it directed Worboys’ release after a decade in prison.

He was jailed indefinitely in 2009, with a minimum term of eight years, for drugging and sexually assaulting women passengers.

Worboys was convicted of 19 offences against 12 victims, but has been linked to more than 100 complaints in total.

His convictions included one count of rape, five sexual assaults, one attempted sexual assault, and 12 of administering a substance with intent.

Earlier

Read more at: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/john-worboys-black-cap-rapist-release-put-on-hold-victims-legal-challenge-a8180291.html

John Worboys: Black cab rapist’s release put on hold after victims win the first step in a legal challenge

The release of black cab rapist John Worboys from prison has been put on hold after victims won the first step in a legal challenge.

Lawyer Harriet Wistrich said an “urgent application” had been made to the High Court on behalf of two of his victims for a stay of his release pending a further permission hearing.

She said: “Update – we have been granted a stay on his release until an oral application between February 6-8.”

The Parole Board provoked fury this month when it directed Worboys’ release after a decade in prison.

He was jailed indefinitely in 2009, with a minimum term of eight years, for drugging and sexually assaulting women passengers.

Worboys was convicted of 19 offences against 12 victims, but has been linked to more than 100 complaints in total.

His convictions included one count of rape, five sexual assaults, one attempted sexual assault and 12 of administering a substance with intent.

Earlier this

Read more at: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/john-worboys-black-cap-rapist-release-put-on-hold-victims-legal-challenge-a8180291.html

First guilty pleas come in November child sexual predator sting – Columbus Ledger

Four of the men who were charged in a November child sexual predator sting in Columbus entered guilty pleas to a lesser charge on Wednesday morning in federal court.

Kenneth Jordan, 29, of Columbus; Edwin Nieves, 55, of Columbus; Christopher McGowan, 32, of Mechanicsburg, Pa; and Dereck Weldon, 30, of Columbus entered the pleas in front of U.S. District Court Judge Clay Land.

Each pleaded guilty to the charge of use of interstate facilities to transmit information about a minor, a felony that carries a possible fine and up to five years in prison.

The men were caught in a sting, dubbed “Operation Hidden Guardian.” It was directed by the Columbus Police Department with assistance from multiple local, state and federal law enforcement agencies. There were 21 men arrested, Columbus Police Chief Ricky Boren announced on Nov. 13.

Never miss a local story.

Sign up today for unlimited digital

Read more at: http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/news/local/crime/article196426999.html

Coronation Street spoilers: First look at David Platt’s rapist Josh as he arrives on the cobbles looking for a job …

THE first look at David Platt’s rapist has been revealed in Coronation Street spoiler pictures.

Handsome newcomer Josh will arrive on the cobbles in a few weeks looking for a job at the garage to replace murdered Luke Britton, but he has a dark future in front of him.

 Handsome Josh arrives in Weatherfield looking for a job
Handsome Josh arrives in Weatherfield looking for a job

It was previously revealed how hairdresser David – who is played by actor Jack P. Shepherd in the ITV soap – will be left devastated after he is drugged and assaulted in the hard-hitting storyline.

He will be seen enjoying a drunken night out with personal trainer and mechanic Josh before he is drugged and assaulted.

Viewers will be spared any explicit scenes and instead the story will show David wake up in Josh’s bed and

Read more at: https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/5347216/coronation-street-spoilers-first-look-at-david-platts-rapist-josh-as-he-arrives-on-the-cobbles-looking-for-a-job-at-the-garage/

GREATEST HITS, 3: More than 1500 pedophile arrests made nationally in Trump’s first 2 months in office

Welcome to the Countdown: Top 21 stories of 2017.

by WorldTribune Staff, February 26, 2017

President Donald Trump is making good on his pledge to use the “full force and weight” of the U.S. government to break up child sex trafficking rings and lock up sexual predators.

Since Trump was sworn in, authorities have arrested more than 1,500 pedophiles in the United States.

President Donald Trump issued an executive order giving the FBI extra power to crack down on human trafficking offenses.

“This should be one of the biggest stories in the national news. Instead, the mainstream media has barely, if at all, covered any of these mass pedophile arrests. This begs the question – why?” Liz Crokin wrote for Townhall.com on Feb. 25.

The numbers are “staggering” when compared to the less than 400 sex trafficking-related arrests made in

Read more at: http://www.worldtribune.com/greatest-hits-3-unreported-1500-pedophile-arrests-made-nationally-since-trump-took-office/

Ireland could be first EU country to cancel convicted pedophile’s passports

Dublin priest says the “protection of human rights and the dignity of women and children is breaking down”

Ireland could soon be following Australia’s lead by becoming the first country in Europe to cancel passports of convicted pedophiles in a bid to prevent them to traveling overseas. The campaign championing this idea for Ireland is being led by Irish priest Father Shay Cullen, a four-time Nobel Peace Prize nominee who runs People’s Recovery, Empowerment and Development Assistance (PREDA), a child abuse charity in the Philippines.

Ireland is expected to introduce a draft of this new legislation later in October. It would mean that convicted pedophiles would be prohibited from traveling overseas.

Cullen, who was born in Dublin, said the introduction of legislation such as this would prevent registered sex offenders from traveling abroad. He also said this legislation would particularly benefit developing nations where sex tourism and child prostitution are major problems.

Speaking to

Read more at: https://www.irishcentral.com/news/ireland-could-be-first-eu-country-to-cancel-convicted-pedophile-s-passports

Alleged pedophile cop held on $20K cash bail | PNC News First

The victim told police that she feared Muna would kill her and her family if she reported the incident to police.

Guam – The police officer accused of sexually assaulting an 11-year-old girl will have to come up with $20,000 cash before he can be released from prison.

James Norbert Muna, 55, appeared in court today where he was charged with first and second degree criminal sexual conduct, both as first degree felonies.

A magistrate complaint alleges Muna sexually abuse the minor last month and again last weekend. However, Muna denied the allegations, saying the victim’s mother had previously accused him of sexually assaulting the minor. Police also say Muna threatened the victim and her family.

Assistant Attorney General Monica Aguon set her

Read more at: http://pacificnewscenter.com/alleged-pedophile-cop-held-on-20k-cash-bail/

When your first sexual experience is rape.

ALSO READ: My cousin’s husband has a ‘boyfriend’!! Should I tell her?

 Sometimes I wonder. What you are up to? Are you a church elder now? An opinion leader? Are you in a mental asylum? Are you a respected member of society?

What have you done for the first time lately?

Tell you what, sicko, when I was a young adult, your indecent assault on my mind, body and soul made me silently question my sexuality. Rape was my debut sexual experience and, at times, it messed me up a little. I thought the rape was an ‘induction’ of sorts and it was, as unscriptural as it sounds, a ‘sign’ from God.

A good number of men who are rape victims – especially if it was their sex debut – silently wrestle with demons of sexual orientation. And it’s so easy to swing the gay

Read more at: https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/evewoman/article/2001247179/a-letter-to-my-rapist

Serial rapist and first person convicted with DNA evidence seeks freedom

A convicted serial rapist whose case made legal history is back in court in Orange County.

Tommie Lee Andrews was sent to prison nearly 30 years ago.

Andrews was suspected in two dozen rapes in 1987 and became the first person in the United States convicted with DNA evidence.

Wearing a blue suit and shackles, the convicted rapist was brought before a judge to plead for his release.

Andrews finished his sentence in 2012, but under the Jimmy Ryce Act, violent sexual predators can be held beyond their sentences until they can persuade a court to release them.

“He denied that he committed these crimes and he did not demonstrate remorse,” Amy Swan, a forensic psychiatrist, said.

The state called two experts who said Andrews denies his guilt, refuses therapy and has a mental disorder that compels him to commit violent sexual acts.

The defense challenged those claims.

Sitting in court,

Read more at: http://www.wesh.com/article/serial-rapist-and-first-person-convicted-with-dna-evidence-seeks-freedom/10231181