Convicted sexual predator Jeffrey Snyder has finally found a home — a motel near downtown Fresno that is surrounded by a tall, chain-link fence topped with barbed wire and filled with other sex offenders and criminals.
At a hearing Monday, Superior Court Judge Gary Hoff ruled the El Muir Motel at 2339 S. G St. was suitable to house Snyder after the judge said he checked out the area and found few homes and an elementary school more than a mile away.
Hoff also noted that only 10 people wrote emails or letters of concern about placing Snyder in the motel. No one in court voiced opposition.
But Hoff warned the 62-year-old Snyder that if he violates any terms of his conditional release, he would be sent back to the Coalinga State Hospital, where he will be confined as a sexually violent predator.
A 30-year sentence for a Slidell man who pleaded guilty last week to sexually molesting a 4-year-old girl while he was babysitting her in February prompted the prosecutor, in an unusual move, to ask the judge to reconsider the severity of his punishment.
Assistant District Attorney Blair Alford filed a motion Thursday asking 22nd Judicial District Court Judge Reginald Badeaux to reconsider the sentence, according to Lisa Page, spokeswoman for District Attorney Warren Montgomery.
The motion cites victim-impact statements made by the mother and grandmother of the young girl before William Harvey Watson, 24, pleaded guilty to one count of sexual battery on a victim under 13, 27 counts of producing pornography involving juveniles under 13 and 250 counts of possession of pornography.
The prosecutor and family asked for the maximum sentence, 99 years for the sexual battery charge and production of pornography charges and 40 years for the possession of child pornography charges, Page said.
COCONUT CREEK, FLA. (WSVN) – A high school student accused of raping a woman is returning to class, and parents aren’t happy about it.
A judge has allowed 19-year-old Gibson Sylvain to attend classes at Monarch High School in Coconut Creek before his trial.
Some parents said they are concerned about the situation. “I think it’s disgusting, and my daughter should not be nervous to come to her school,” said one mother.
Another parent was in disbelief. “I think it is horrible. I think it is very scary, and it upsets me,” she said, “and being allowed to be back in school? No! I think that disturbs me.”
They said they don’t know why a judge would allow the 19-year-old, who is accused of raping a woman at a Coconut Creek bus stop, to attend school while he’s out of jail on house arrest.
“If we don’t stick up for our children, who will?” said
In a first for Fiji, a 45-year-old woman was convicted in the Suva High Court yesterday after she was found guilty of raping her daughter.
The incidents happened in Nasinu between January 1, 2016 and July 5, 2016 when the victim was in Year Eight.
Judge Justice Salesi Temo is expected to deliver the sentence of the mother of four today at 11:30am.
The assessors deliberated for about 25 minutes and came out with a mixed opinion.
The first and third assessor found the woman guilty on a count of rape while the second assessor found her not guilty.
On the second count of sexual assault, all three assessors found the woman guilty as charged.
While convicting the woman, Justice Temo said that he found the victim to be a credible witness.
He said he had reviewed all the evidence said during trial in accordance with the summing up that he delivered to the three assessors.
A Seattle child molester facing more than a decade behind bars begged his judge for the Weiner treatment ahead of his sentencing.
Douglas Boulin in April 2016 was caught collecting child pornography through a peer-to-peer network, Seattle Pi reported. He was able to wipe most of it before police arrived at his home in Sedro-Woolley, but responders were able to find video that shows the rape of two young boys.
Prosecutors requested the 51-year-old Skagit County man be handed the maximum sentence of 13 years in prison, but in memo to the U.S. District Judge Anthony Zilly, Boulin suggested an alternative.
“Congressman Anthony Weiner was recently sentenced to 21 months in custody after he convinced a 15-year-old to produce child pornography,” his public defender, Mohammad Ali wrote, noting the typical sentencing range for the disgraced politicians crimes ranged between 11 and 14 years.
A Lubbock judge sentenced a convicted rapist Thursday to life in prison after a two-day punishment hearing.
A 12-member jury in the 137th District Court found 45-year-old Luis Romero guilty of two counts of aggravated sexual assault, which carry a punishment of five years to life in prison. Jurors deliberated for about 10 minutes before returning their verdict finding Romero, an undocumented immigrant, guilty of raping a 13-year-old girl while she slept in her bedroom in the early morning hours of July 5, 2016.
During the punishment hearing, prosecutors also presented evidence that linked him to four home burglaries, one of which was in Bell County.
“You’ve chosen to come to this country a number of different times, because you wanted to be here,” said Judge John McClendon. “And you will be here, you’re going to be here for a long, long time. This is a first degree felony. You will do at
Jennifer Smith For Dailymail.com
SUNBURY — Northumberland County Judge Hugh Jones showed little mercy at a Monday morning sentencing hearing for a Lewis Township man accused of raping five girls under the age of 16 over a three-year period.
Dennis Kibler, 39, will spend the next 20 to 60 years in state prison and is required to register as a Tier 3 Megan’s Law offender, the highest designation, for life.
Moments after Jones sentenced Kibler on 259 counts of charges related to rape and sexual assault, with one charge related to a new victim from Bradford County coming forward, the judge called the man’s action “cruel and foul” and said the punishment was “richly and justly” deserved.
“These are some of the most heinous crimes I’ve ever encountered,” Jones said. “Not just as a judge, but in my whole legal career.”
Kibler pleaded no contest in July to 258 criminal charges and no contest to another charge on
Madadeni – A serial rapist in the Mondlo area was sentenced to five 25-year imprisonment terms this week, KwaZulu-Natal police said on Saturday.
Thobani Elvis Mthethwa, 28, was convicted and sentenced in the Madadeni High Court on five counts of rape he committed in the Mondlo area in 2014 and 2015, Lt-Col Thulani Zwane said.
Mthethwa accosted his victims, aged between 15 and 55, at their homes and raped them, threatening them with a knife and a firearm.
He targeted homesteads where only women was present, breaking in and raping them mostly at gunpoint. Four of the victims were threatened with a firearm while the other was threatened with a knife.
A 15-year-old victim was seven-months pregnant when she was raped. Cases of rape were opened at Mondlo police station and transferred to Vryheid family violence, child protection, and sexual offences unit for investigation.
Mthethwa was linked to the crimes