- Chief Roger Gilbert Jr. was convicted of sexual intercourse with a four-year-old in 2001
- He was re-elected to a second term as Spartansburg Volunteer Fire Chief
- Spartansburg Mayor Ann Louise Wagner stands by him despite his status as a registered sex offender for his crime in 2000
- The victim’s mother does not believe he should be in a post where he could interact with children
- Gilbert says ‘I’ve changed my life for the better’ since the crime
Marlene Lenthang For Dailymail.com
A married father-of-two prison guard was arrested on Monday for raping or attempting to rape three women in central Pennsylvania in the past five years.
Officials say they connected Kurtz to two of the crimes with DNA obtained from his discarded cigarettes.
Kurtz, a guard at the state prison in Coal Township, was under surveillance on Friday and Saturday when cops noticed him throwing cigarette butts out of his car window.
The DNA on the butts matched that perpetrator’s in two of the assaults.
Scroll down for video
John E. Kurtz, 43, was arrested on Monday in Shamokin, Pennsylvania and charged for raping or attempting to rape three women in the
Read more at: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5196039/Prison-guard-identified-serial-rapist.html
A convicted rapist who ditched his GPS ankle bracelet and fled from Central New York has been spotted 150 miles away in Pennsylvania, officials said.
Ronald Cook, a registered 66-year-old sex offender, stopped checking in with his parole officer and removed his ankle bracelet on Wednesday, said Thomas Mailey, a state Department of Corrections and Community Supervision spokesman. He then disappeared from his Utica apartment.
Two days later, it appears Cook made it out of the state.
Cook was spotted around 12:30 p.m. Friday in Scranton, Pennsylvania, Mailey said. He was wearing a dark jacket, the spokesman said.
Officials said Cook should be considered dangerous.
Cook was convicted in 1991 of raping a 24-year-old woman in Binghamton, according to the state Department of Criminal Justice Services. He was released from the Marcy Correctional Facility in 2012 after serving more than 20 years in prison.
State: Convicted rapist missing in Central NY after breaking ankle bracelet
After he was
Read more at: http://www.newyorkupstate.com/central-ny/2017/11/convicted_rapist_who_fled_central_ny_spotted_in_pennsylvania.html
True crime is a genre of television that fascinates viewers. Investigation Discovery has devoted itself to these horrific stories. Its show, “Web of Lies,” turns its focus on a Philadelphia crime in its March 21 episode
Jeffrey Marsalis was convicted in 2009 for sexually assaulting a woman in 2005 in Idaho. It was the second time he was convicted of the crime — the first time was in 2006 after he was accused of assaulting 10 women in Philadelphia.
He met his victims by using a Match.com profile. He went by “Dr. Jeff” and pretended to be a CIA agent whose cover was being a doctor. In reality, Marsalis had dropped out of nursing school at Drexel University.
Marsalis would take the women on dates and drug them. At that point they all described being raped. Marsalis would be acquitted from the rape charges in Philadelphia, as many of victims would
Read more at: http://www.pennlive.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2017/03/serial_philadelphian_sexual_pr.html
- Kenneth Fenske, 57, was arrested in Quakertown, PA and charged with rape
- 5th suspect arrested in alleged pedophile ring in which men dressed up animals raped young boy
- Fenske allegedly dressed as a furry red fox and was called ‘Lupine’
- On ‘3 or 4’ occasions he stands accused of raping boy dressed as Tony the Tiger
- Four other men involved in the case have been arrested since last summer
- The investigation into the case is ongoing
Kenneth Fenske, 57, was the fifth suspect arrested in an alleged pedophile ring in which men dressed up as furry animals and assaulted a young boy
A suspect in a fetish-themed child predator
Read more at: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4170804/Pennsylvania-suspect-pedophile-ring-arrested.html