Tag Archives: sentenced

Convicted Pacific Beach rapist sentenced | fox5sandiego.com


Accused Pacific Beach rapist, PB, sexual assault

Jacob Skorniak (Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Department)

Accused Pacific Beach rapist, PB, sexual assault

Jacob Skorniak (Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Department)

SAN DIEGO — A career criminal who raped a 21-year-old German exchange student at knifepoint in San Diego then videotaped himself sexually assaulting her was sentenced Tuesday to the maximum 81 years to life in prison.

Jacob Paul Skorniak, 51, was convicted in June of forcible rape, kidnapping for rape and sexual penetration of an unconscious person.

Deputy District Attorney Lisa Fox said the attack has left the victim scarred for life.

“This was a brutal, forceful rape of an innocent victim,” the prosecutor told Judge Runston Maino. “This individual (Skorniak) is the worst of the worst.”

Fox said the victim was just two blocks away from her home

Read more at: http://fox5sandiego.com/2017/12/12/convicted-pacific-beach-rapist-sentenced/

Convicted Eastlake rapist sentenced to life in prison – News



A convicted Eastlake child-rapist was sentenced Nov. 27 to life in prison.

Brian Rowe, accused of molesting two girls, was found guilty of two counts of rape and one count of gross sexual imposition after two days of jury deliberations earlier in November.

Rowe, 36, went on trial Oct. 23 in Lake County Common Pleas Court on six counts — three counts of rape, one count of attempted rape and two counts of gross sexual imposition.

The jury came back with its verdict late Nov.

Read more at: http://www.news-herald.com/general-news/20171127/convicted-eastlake-rapist-sentenced-to-life-in-prison

Depraved murderer and serial rapist Mark Dixie has been sentenced for two more sick sex attacks which he ‘re-lived …

Sick murderer and serial rapist Mark Dixie has been handed two more life sentences for a pair horrific attacks motivated by his “sexual depravity”.

He raped and beat his victims and then made chilling phone-calls to them in order to “re-live” his crimes.

Dixie, originally from Streatham, brutally killed aspiring Croydon model Sally Anne Bowman in 2005, stabbing the 18-year-old as she was walking home in Blenheim Crescent, South Croydon, and raping her while she lay dead or dying.

The predatory killer was jailed for life in 2008 and on Friday, November 24 the sex offender was handed a further two life sentences for two sex attacks which happened before the killing of Miss Bowman.

He admitted raping a woman in a deserted Wandle Road car park in 1987 – when he was just 16 years old – leaving her bound and gagged as he lit a fire in the car using his victim’s

Read more at: http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/news/croydon-news/depraved-murderer-serial-rapist-mark-829102

Pedophile who ‘ruined the lives of many children’ to be sentenced in …

A man who served as the director general of the city of Lorraine for two decades will be sentenced in December for having sexually abused four boys, including at least two during a time when he worked for the city. 

Roger Lepage, 76, of Lévis, is facing the possibility of a five-year prison term followed by five years of close surveillance as a long-term offender when Quebec Court Judge Pierre Labelle delivers his decision in December. The sentence was part of a joint recommendation proposed by prosecutor Cynthia Gyenizse and defence lawyer Mia Manocchio at the Montreal courthouse on Thursday.

Lepage was originally arrested, along with 14 other men, early in 2016 as part of an investigation led by the Sûreté du Québec dubbed Operation Malaise. It uncovered a sophisticated, computer-savvy network of pedophiles who shared information. After Lepage was charged in Operation Malaise, investigators learned he had abused boys over a

Read more at: http://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/pedophile-who-ruined-the-lives-of-many-children-to-be-sentenced-in-december

Pedophile who ‘ruined the lives of many children’ to be sentenced in December

A man who once served as the director general of the city of Lorraine for more than two decades will be sentenced in December for having sexually abused four boys, including at least a couple during a time when he worked for the city. 

Roger Lepage, 76, of Lévis, is facing the possibility of an overall five-year prison term followed by five years of close surveillance as a long-term offender when Quebec Court Judge Pierre Labelle delivers his decision in December. The sentence was part of a joint recommendation proposed by prosecutor Cynthia Gyenizse and defence lawyer Mia Manocchio, the attorneys involved in Lepage’s case, at the Montreal courthouse on Thursday.

Lepage was originally arrested, along with 14 other men, early in 2016 as part of an investigation led by the Sûreté du Québec dubbed Operation Malaise. It uncovered a sophisticated, computer-savvy network of pedophiles who shared information. After Lepage was charged

Read more at: http://montrealgazette.com/news/pedophile-who-ruined-the-lives-of-many-children-to-be-sentenced-in-december

Rapist dad sentenced to seven years behind bars for raping daughter, foster sister

She calls him George – the man who started raping her when she was just two years old. The churchman she fought three governments for nine years to bring to book for turning her childhood and those of many other girls into a nightmare. Her father.

Last week, 40-year-old Marijke Mwathi finally saw her father, George Bennet Donald, 67, sentenced in the Pretoria Magistrate’s Court to an effective seven years imprisonment for the rapes of her and her foster sister.

After years of denial and fighting his extradition to South Africa tooth and nail, George pleaded guilty to the charges and tearfully told his daughter he was sorry.

“I told him I accepted his apology, but I needed to do this. I’ve worked through this. I feel nothing for him. He is as much a stranger now as he was the monster in the cupboard when I was a child. I know he needs

Read more at: https://citizen.co.za/news/south-africa/1733217/rapist-dad-sentenced-to-seven-years-behind-bars-for-raping-daughter-foster-sister/

Rapist dad sentenced to seven years behind bars for raping …

She calls him George – the man who started raping her when she was just two years old. The churchman she fought three governments for nine years to bring to book for turning her childhood and those of many other girls into a nightmare. Her father.

Last week, 40-year-old Marijke Mwathi finally saw her father, George Bennet Donald, 67, sentenced in the Pretoria Magistrate’s Court to an effective seven years imprisonment for the rapes of her and her foster sister.

After years of denial and fighting his extradition to South Africa tooth and nail, George pleaded guilty to the charges and tearfully told his daughter he was sorry.

“I told him I accepted his apology, but I needed to do this. I’ve worked through this. I feel nothing for him. He is as much a stranger now as he was the monster in the cupboard when I was a child. I know he needs

Read more at: https://citizen.co.za/news/south-africa/1733217/rapist-dad-sentenced-to-seven-years-behind-bars-for-raping-daughter-foster-sister/

Prison rapist sentenced as bunk review finds failures

The Corrections Department is carrying out a review of double-bunking prisoners after two separate cases of repeat sex offenders raping their cellmates.

Photo: Flickr / David Zoppo

In both cases, Corrections staff allowed the repeat sex offenders to double-bunk with younger men. One of the rapists, William Katipa, was this morning sentenced to preventive detention – for a second time.

According to the terms of reference for the review, released to RNZ under the Official Information Act, acting chief executive Jeremy Lightfoot asked senior Corrections staff to carry out a review of the risk assessment process.

The terms of reference said there had been “recent incidents” and it had been found that staff did not follow the correct process.

“There have been recent incidents where, upon examination, it is evident that the [risk assessment] process either has not been followed as per policy, or, despite being followed, prisoners’ safety has still

Read more at: https://www.radionz.co.nz/news/national/343947/prison-rapist-sentenced-as-bunk-review-finds-failures

Durban serial rapist sentenced to 319 years in jail

Durban – A 47-year-old serial rapist has been sentenced to 319 years in jail for a series of rapes committed over a period of more than seven years, police said on Wednesday.

Bheki Doctor Magwaza, who worked as a security guard, was sentenced in the Durban High Court on Tuesday.

The rapes were committed from September 2008 to February 2016 around Verulam, north of Durban, Lieutenant Colonel Thulani Zwane said.

He added that Magwaza wore his security guard uniform when he committed the rapes.

“He was convicted after he pleaded guilty to all counts which he committed over a period at Verulam and the surrounding areas,” Zwane said.

He added that Magwaza targeted couples.

“The accused would instruct the couples at gunpoint to have sex in front of him and when they refused, he would threaten the men and rape the women,” said Zwane.

Members of the investigative psychology section of the provincial

Read more at: https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/durban-serial-rapist-sentenced-to-319-years-in-jail-20171115