Tag Archives: whose

Woman whose rapist was granted joint custody of child speaks out

The woman whose rapist was given joint custody of the child conceived in the attack has spoken out about the “crazy” decision.

A judge in Michigan signed an order allowing twice-convicted rapist Christopher Mirasolo joint custody of the boy – which he had not requested – without the mother’s knowledge after she applied for state benefits.

The woman was 12 when Mirasolo raped her in 2008. A plea deal meant he served less than a year behind bars for third-degree criminal sexual assault, according to US media.

The woman’s lawyer said the order, now put on hold, was “insane”. Rebecca Kiessling told Detroit News: “The judge also restricted the child’s domicile and residence, disclosed the rape victim’s home address to her rapist, and ordered his name on the birth certificate – all without the mother’s consent or any opportunity to be heard.”

Now the victim has spoken

Read more at: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/rapist-given-joint-custody-child-woman-speaks-out-michigan-christopher-mirasolo-us-a7995916.html

Woman whose rapist was granted joint custody of child speaks out …

The woman whose rapist was given joint custody of the child conceived in the attack has spoken out about the “crazy” decision.

A judge in Michigan signed an order allowing twice-convicted rapist Christopher Mirasolo joint custody of the boy – which he had not requested – without the mother’s knowledge after she applied for state benefits.

The woman was 12 when Mirasolo raped her in 2008. A plea deal meant he served less than a year behind bars for third-degree criminal sexual assault, according to US media.

The woman’s lawyer said the order, now put on hold, was “insane”. Rebecca Kiessling told Detroit News: “The judge also restricted the child’s domicile and residence, disclosed the rape victim’s home address to her rapist, and ordered his name on the birth certificate – all without the mother’s consent or any opportunity to be heard.”

Now the victim has spoken

Read more at: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/rapist-given-joint-custody-child-woman-speaks-out-michigan-christopher-mirasolo-us-a7995916.html

Woman whose rapist was granted joint custody of child speaks out

A local prosecutor and judge in Michigan are under fire for giving a convicted rapist joint legal custody of his victim’s eight-year-old son. Christopher Mirasolo pleaded guilty in 2008 to attempted third-degree criminal sexual assault. Last month, Sanilac District Judge Gregory Ross signed an order allowing Mirasolo joint custody rights of his victim’s child. It came after she applied for state aid.

The judge put the order on hold Tuesday after learning of Mirasolo’s background. A hearing is scheduled for this month. CBS News’ Tony Dokoupil spoke to the victim and her attorney about their effort to protect other rape victims from facing painful legal circumstances.

“I don’t understand why they thought they needed to give him joint legal custody. He was my rapist,” said Tiffany, who was 12 in 2008 when she says Mirasolo forced himself on her in an abandoned house near Detroit.

Now 21, she’s raising her 8-year-old

Read more at: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/victim-whose-rapist-granted-joint-custody-child-speaks-out/

Why Moms Whose Sons Have Been Accused of Campus Sexual Assault Are Banding Together

Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos met with a handful of groups that believe rape is often a lie to hear their opinions about collegiate sexual assault. Liberals tarred these groups “men’s rights activists.” But one of them didn’t quite fit that profile. This one, FACE — Families Advocating for Campus Equality — largely comprises moms whose sons have been accused of sexual assault in college.

In our Trumpian age of political hand-to-hand combat (metaphorical and literal), moms don’t take their accused sons back home and lick their wounds. They organize. They fight publicly. “This is a witch hunt, no different than the Salem

Read more at: http://time.com/4926979/campus-sexual-assault-mothers/

New indictment raises stakes for accused 9th Ward serial rapist whose conviction was tossed

An accused serial sex offender, whose 2011 conviction for a 9th Ward rape was struck down by appellate judges in April, could wind up serving life in prison for his legal victory after he was indicted by an Orleans Parish grand jury on a more severe charge in the same case. Conversely, he also could still wind up walking free.

Orleans Parish prosecutors on Thursday (July 20) filed a superseding indictment charging Troy Taylor, 41, with aggravated rape and aggravated kidnapping in connection with a case that originated in 1994. The new rape charge is punishable with a mandatory life sentence upon conviction. It marks a potentially bleaker prospect for Taylor, who has served six years of the maximum 40-year sentence he was handed after being convicted of a lesser forcible rape in August 2011.

Taylor managed to get his conviction and sentence overturned on timeliness grounds by the Louisiana 4th Circuit Court of

Read more at: http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2017/07/new_indictment_raises_stakes_f.html

Search in Dublin park for remains of rapist whose arm found on beach

Gardaí have begun a search for the body of convicted rapist James Nolan at a site in Tolka Valley Park in Finglas, Dublin.

A dismembered arm found washed up on Dollymount Beach on February 8th, 2011, was confirmed to be that of Mr Nolan’s following DNA analysis.

On Saturday, detectives said the force had received information suggesting a site at Tolka Valley Park was an “area of interest”.

Mr Nolan, from Fairlawn Road in Finglas, Co Dublin, was 46-years-old when he was last seen at the Wellmount Clinic in Finglas on November 30th, 2010, where he collected methadone.

He had recently been released from Portlaoise Prison, having served time for burglary. Previously, he was jailed for 14 years after being convicted of rape and false imprisonment.

Since the discovery of Mr Nolan’s arm, a Garda investigation has been underway to determine the circumstances of his death and the

Read more at: http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/search-in-dublin-park-for-remains-of-rapist-whose-arm-found-on-beach-1.3033537

Bryce From ’13 Reasons Why’ Is A Rapist Whose Relatability Makes Him Even Scarier

The very premise of 13 Reasons Why suggests that the series is filled with villains. It centers on the story of Hannah Baker, a high school student who killed herself and left behind a set of cassette tapes explaining why. Each reason is directly tied to a person in Hannah’s life, and yet in the Netflix adaptation of Jay Asher’s book, none of them are presented as the type of evil antagonist you’d expect. Instead, each character is fully fleshed out and explored outside of their relationship with Hannah, including (spoiler warning) the one whose harassment and eventual rape of two girls significantly impacts Hannah’s decision to end her life. Bryce, played by Justin Prentice on Netflix’s 13 Reasons Why, is reason 12, but early episodes avoid giving any hints about his impending assaults. Instead, the series’ creators portray Bryce as a stereotypically obnoxious, but seemingly

Read more at: https://www.bustle.com/p/bryce-from-13-reasons-why-is-a-rapist-whose-relatability-makes-him-even-scarier-48081

The detective whose painstaking investigation brought a violent rapist to justice

A detective who helped bring a violent rapist to justice has been honoured by the Chief Constable.

Det Con Cameron Hackett has received an award for his work in convicting paedophile Paul Hitchen, who was jailed for 29 years.

Hitchen was found guilty of sexually abusing girls as young as 13 over a decade.

Now Det Con Hackett has received a commendation from Chief Constable Ian Hopkins from for his diligent detective work.

His investigations began from a initial single complaint of historic abuse, but his efforts and perseverance helped to build the case.

Chief Constable Ian Hopkins presented DC Hackett and others with commendations at a ceremony at Hough End yesterday, Thursday 16th February, recognising the outstanding efforts of officers, staff and members of the public.

Det Con Hackett said: “It’s a great honour to receive the Chief Constable’s Commendation.

“My

Read more at: http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/detective-whose-painstaking-investigation-brought-12627331

Baby joy for Britain’s youngest mum whose rapist brother’s child was taken away after she gave birth at 12

A mum who gave birth at 12 is having a tot with her fiance.

Tressa Middleton’s first was her rapist brother’s which she gave up. She said: “I’ll never let this one go.”

As Tressa Middleton struggled to get pregnant with her fiance, she felt she was being punished for letting her firstborn be taken away and feared she would never have another child.

But the 23-year-old’s despair turned to joy when she discovered she was finally carrying the tot she and Darren Young, 30, had longed for.

The happy moment came 10 years after she had been forced to give up her toddler when she confessed the child’s dad was her elder brother who had raped her at 11, making her Britain’s youngest mum.

Tressa, who has also had a miscarriage , has vowed to “never let this baby go” – but she admitted she is still haunted by the loss of her

Read more at: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/britains-youngest-mum-aged-12-9813109

Bucks DA: Serial child rapist whose crimes go back 40 years is …

A suspected serial child rapist whose alleged attacks go back as far as 40 years has been arrested, the Bucks County District Attorney’s Office says.

William Charles Thomas.

William Charles Thomas, 58, of Morrisville, is charged with five counts of rape involving children under the age of 13, five counts of involuntary deviate sexual intercourse and three counts of aggravated indecent assault of a child.

He also is charged with possession and manufacturing of child pornography, though investigators do not yet know if he distributed the images

The investigation began in November, when Falls Township police received a report of sexually explicit writings found on a piece of plywood at Midway Village Trailer Park, according to court documents.

Thomas, a handyman at the trailer park, had been making renovations in a trailer. The home’s new owner found plywood with “handwritten graphic details about someone sexually assaulting two very young girls,”

Read more at: http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/real-time/Bucks-County-suspected-serial-child-rapist-arrested.html